Happy Hump Day, friends and fans!
The Oklahoma Sooners have as much offensive firepower as anybody in the nation, if not more. One of those explosive weapons on the outside is receiver CeeDee Lamb. After an outstanding debut in 2017, the true sophomore set a series of goals for himself for this season shortly after OU’s run ended in Pasadena, and he’s very close to reaching each one.
If he shows out against Alabama in the CFP semifinal to the tune of three catches, 51 yards and two touchdown receptions, he would attain all of his personal goals in one game. Of course if you ask him, he’d surely tell you his No. 1 goal is nabbing a W to play for a national championship.
Now for some sizzling Hot Links! Lincoln Riley is receiving deserved recognition, Kyler Murray is PFF’s top QB, Oklahoma is on the cusp of “Heisman U” status, Russell Westbrook explains “rock the baby” to Jimmy Fallon and more!
- Lincoln Riley has brought the Oklahoma Sooners back to the College Football Playoff in his second season, and he’s receiving some national recognition for his efforts. On Wednesday, Riley was announced as a finalist for both the Eddie Robinson Award and the Dodd Trophy — both of which are college football coach of the year awards.
- Kyler Murray is a Pro Football Focus First-Team All-American. In a year in which he’s been relied upon to produce at the highest of clips, he’s handled it in stride and has been sensational.
- Playing two sports at the highest level of collegiate athletics is something Kyler Murray has always wanted to do. More than that, he didn’t want to drop football for baseball before he experienced tremendous success on the field. I think it’s safe to say he’s checked that box.
- ESPN NFL Draft gurus Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay discussed the three 2018 Heisman Trophy finalists and their pro football potential. Both agree that Kyler Murray could play in the league, but disagree on how high he would go if he entered the draft.
- Oklahoma has two 1,000 yard receivers with at least one game left to play, which has never been accomplished in school history. Down the road, it’s going to be fun looking back on this season, no matter the final result.
- If where a player finishes in Heisman voting was given a number of points based on placing, where would Oklahoma rank among the other programs all-time? Schools like Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC also have illustrious history with Heisman winners and contenders, so being at or near the top of a group like that is undoubtedly huge.
- In case you missed it, check out why I think Kyler Murray is most deserving of the Heisman Trophy. He has the overall statistical edge over the other finalists, he’s totally invaluable to his team, and his Heisman moment came on the biggest stage with the entire nation watching.
New T-Shirt from BreakingT!
- White print on a super-comfortable crimson tee.
- Premium, lightweight blended crewneck (60% cotton/40% polyester). Durable, yet ultra-soft.
- Unisex sizing with a snug fit. Men should size up; women should size down.
- Screened in the USA.
- Purchase the shirt here!
- Multiple forms of the option are attached to the legacy of Oklahoma football, so it’s a topic we can all appreciate. SB Nation’s Bill Connelly and Matt Brown have put together a really cool timeline of option football’s evolution, which also includes some videos and articles on the subject.
- Maryland has hired Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley as its head coach. Locksley was once the Terrapins’ OC, then interim HC, before ultimately being turned down for the full time role for the now fired D.J. Durkin.
- Former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant has decided to transfer to Missouri. Since Bryant only appeared in four games for the Tigers in 2018, he has taken advantage of the new redshirt rule and will be immediately eligible to compete for the starting QB job at Mizzou in 2019.
- This Luka Doncic step-back three-pointer is absolutely filthy. Look at how far he goes back! Whoever was guarding him ought to be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.
- LeBron James is officially an old man. On Tuesday night, the Lakers held a holiday party, but the King took an early slumber and missed the entire thing. C’mon, Bron!
- Russell Westbrook was on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and he explained the origin of the mini-celebration he’s been doing this season called “rock the baby”. Great stuff.
Not breaking any news here, but Russell Westbrook is so savage. Here’s the origin of why he does the, “rock the baby” celebration from his appearance on The Tonight Show. #Thunder pic.twitter.com/VqXyltNqkK
— Dylan Buckingham (@DylanBuckingham) December 5, 2018
- Tom Cruise might say some off-the-wall things from time to time, but he’s right as rain with this. If you actually enjoy the motion smoothing look (aka soap opera effect) when you’re watching movies, you’re pretty much dead to me. This isn’t just a PSA to audiences watching Cruise’s films or other movies, it’s a message directed at the HDTV manufacturers who set up their products with this setting as a default feature. Enough is enough. Turn it off, and keep it off, please.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!