It’s game two of the home stand with the Chicago Blackhawks rolling into town for a little afternoon hockey sesh tomorrow. The Flyers are coming off an exciting overtime win against the coyotes on Thursday and will look to keep that momentum rolling. This will be game two of the Jeremy Colliton era for the ‘Hawks, so it’ll be interesting to see how this flailing team looks under new leadership. We were joined by Matt Lucas of Second City Hockey to preview the game, and here’s what we chatted about:
- The end of the Joel Quenneville era and what it means to lose a future Hall of Fame coach mid-season
- The struggles of Brandon Saad
- What might be the root cause of the Blackhawks’ struggles on special teams
- The underappreciated joys of afternoon hockey
- Brandon Manning: no, we didn’t like him either
The puck drops tomorrow at 1PM and this game will air nationally on NBC. Let’s go Flyers!